Monday, July 14, 2008

An Emergency Call. . .

You're never ready when the call comes in. Last night coming back from church I got a call from my sister telling me that my mother was being taken to the hospital . All I heard was "emergency room" and "heart pain." I immediately felt my body changing, becoming cold and nervous. I had misunderstood what she had said. She had said it was "not the heart." But, in that moment all I heard was that my mother was probably having a heart attack. As I write this morning my mother is in the hospital undergoing investigations for bloating and pain she's been dealing with for the last several weeks.

As Christians we believe the Lord is in control, and worthy of our trust. But, we're never truly ready for "the call". It's important to show love to family and friends. To appreciate the days we have with each other, because we just never know when "the call" might come in. In our case I pray for my mom and ask the Good Lord to heal her and extend her life.

When "the call" comes in, you're reminded of how much you love your folks. Let's not wait until it's too late to flesh out our love for those around us. Life is truly too short. Express your love for someone today.
Por Su gracia y fidelidad. . .

No comments: