Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Civil Saddleback Welcome to Obama and McCain

I don't know about you, but I enjoy following the Presidential Campaigns, the Conventions, debates and the drama of Election Night. I will vote my conscience and perform my obligation as citizen of the U.S. Ultimately, I know that God will take my vote, the way I vote, the results of all our votes, and all the doings of man, and continue to lead history toward his intended goal. Yes, it matters how I vote; I should take it seriously. But, God is still in control, and I can rest on this biblical truth.

In any case, many are nervous about our country electing the "other" guy to Office of President instead of their candidate. We are (many are) anxiously waiting for the debates that will follow the Conventions in August and September. For those who still need to hear (or understand) more about the different views represented among the candidates . . . Wait no more! We will have a unique opportunity to hear from both the Democratic and Republican nominees in a historic forum which will take place on the campus of Saddleback Church between Senators Obama and McCain, on Saturday, August 16, from 5-7 p.m. (PST). Questions will be posed to each "respective presumed Republican and Democratic presidential nominees for one hour each" by Rick Warren. For more information go to: http://saddlebackcivilforum.com/index.html#. The Saddleback Civil Forum will be streamed live on http://www.saddlebackcivilforum.com/.

This Election Year study well the candidates; watch the debates, pray, and then vote accordingly. But, never forget the Scripture which says: "God changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. . ." (Daniel 2:21; See Isaiah 45:1; Proverbs 21:1).
Por Su Gracia y Poder

No comments: