Monday, September 1, 2008

A Prayer to God

Years ago I wrote out a prayer to God based on Isaiah 11:2, which is a prophecy of Messiah Jesus. The New Testament says that we have fullness in Christ, or have been made complete, in Jesus (Colossians 2:10). Jesus is God's provision not only for our salvation, but for our daily sustenance (See Ephesians 1:3). He is our daily bread in every possible way. I hope this simple prayer encourages you to trust the Savior who alone will completely uphold and guide your life.

"Jesus, on you the 'Spirit of the LORD' rests. Be Thy, my Lord. Jesus, on you rests 'the Spirit of wisdom'; give me wisdom to lead Thy people; Jesus, you have the Spirit 'of understanding'; help me to understand your will for my life. Jesus, on you rests the 'Spirit of counsel'. Thank you for being my Counselor in times of uncertainty. Jesus, Spirit 'of power,' please meet me in my points of weaknesses and give me strength to overcome. Jesus, Spirit 'of knowledge,' enlighten my mind to understand, to will, and to obey. Spirit 'of the fear of the LORD,' teach me to revere and honor God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. In your Precious Name. Amen.
Por Su Gracia y Poder

No comments: